March 30, 2009

Wishing you Well...

So - I mentioned that I know way too many people who have had surgery this week...so I'm on to my next get well card.

This one is for Lauren. She had her gallbladder out Friday - and my goodness, I hope she's feeling a bit better. I know Lauren mentioned in her post the other day about her abdomen being so sore, that she may no longer consider ever getting a tummy tuck. Lauren - I can tell you - a friend of mine had both procedures (she had gastric bypass surgery and lost 1/2 of herself (and then some)...literally!) and said if she knew what it would have felt like, she wouldn't have done it...she said the gallbladder was NOTHING in comparison.

I remember visiting her in the hospital with another friend and we made the mistake of making her laugh...I felt so bad.

Anyway - onto the card...
I used Papertrey's With Sympathy set, and the new anniversary set, Everyday Classics. I used the rock and roll technique for the flowers, starting with Summer Sunrise, then Berry Sorbet, and rolling the edges in Raspberry Fizz. Kept it simple and neat.

Wishing you well Lauren!! Hope you feel more like yourself today! {{{HUGS}}}

Thanks for stopping by today!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Everyday Classics, With Sympathy (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, Raspberry Fizz, Ripe Avocado, Brilliance Graphite Black
Paper: Raspberry Fizz, Select White
Accessories: butterfly bling from M's, Amuse creative candy

6 comments:

Paulette said...

It's perfect, Tracey! Lauren will love it!

Jenn Fontaine said...

It is so lovely!! Love the rock and roll technique! So perfect for this card! Great job!

Renee V. said...

Gorgeous... and I mean gorgeous.. card! Lauren is going to love it muchly! It's so funny - I just finished my card Lauren last night. (Do you think we should have been twins?)
Super job on the two-toned flowers!
Hugs!

Renee V. said...

Gorgeous... and I mean gorgeous.. card! Lauren is going to love it muchly! It's so funny - I just finished my card Lauren last night. (Do you think we should have been twins?)
Super job on the two-toned flowers!
Hugs!

Heather said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!! I love it! Great job!

peggysue said...

I always like the rock and roll technique. Great color choices!