January 19, 2010

Sharing in her sorrow...

A friend of mine recently lost her Dad to Cancer.  UGH.  I've heard it too many times, and watched it happen in my own family, and I just HATE IT.  It's such an UGLY word.

My Uncle passed away from complications of Lung Cancer in April of 2007.  I'll never forget our visit the day before he passed...I still remember the look he gave me -- I think he knew it would be the last time we would see him.

Anyway - this isn't about me -- this is about my friend.  I know that it was a long road full of good times and bad.  I want her to know that I'm thinking of her - and know that I'm praying for her and her family.


I have the SU! set, Thoughts and Prayers...and the sentiment "Sharing in your Sorrow" is BEYOND perfect, as I DO share in her sorrow -- not only because I am familiar with what her family is going through, but because it brings back all of those memories, and brings me back to that moment in time.  I hope that in time, she will be able to reflect on all that was good about such an awful experience.

Some details about the card -- The base layer is Spring Rain, from PTI.  I sponged some blue craft ink (and a little bit of green) around the edges.  I stamped a flourish from PTI's Fancy Flourishes set on a piece of vellum, and then laid it over my white layer, and used it as a piercing guide, to make this beautiful flourish trail from the butterfly.

You may recognize that butterfly from Lauren Meader's All a Flutter© set.  I stamped it, and cut it out - since I left the laptop upstairs -- and was too lazy to go get it to open up SCAL - lol.  I layered it on some vellum CS, and then dressed it up with some adhesive pearls.

Please keep hope they will find a cure, and in the meantime those who need to, have the strength to fight the fight.

Thanks for stopping by!


 
Supplies:
Stamps: All a Flutter (MTME), Fancy Flourishes (PTI), Thoughts and Prayers (SU!)
Ink: Bashful Blue Craft, Celery craft, Basic Gray 
Paper: Spring Rain, Select White (both PTI)
Accessories: adhesive pearls (Kaiser & Recollections), MS Big Border punch, Spring Rain Satin Ribbon

3 comments:

Kay D said...

My condolences to your friend, but your card is beautiful!

Davi said...

Tracey, Im sure that your friend will be comforted by this beautiful card that was created with such care and love. It really is Very Beautiful!!

AKiteFlier said...

Tracey - I'm so sorry for the reason you made this card but it is a STUNNING beauty. I love the softness of it and the way you did the flutter trail is sheer genius (vellum=sheer - get it LOL)
Thanks for sharing.