November 2, 2010

My Time Made Easy - Star of the Show!!

I'm a little late posting... we have some new unwanted guests...yeah, I think there's still mice downstairs...but even worse...we've got lice.  There.  I said it.  Well, I guess I shouldn't say "we"...but apparently it's running rampant in the Elementary school, and there was a case at my young daughter's preschool...and well, it seems the little one had an egg or two in her hair today...ugh.  SO, I've spent the evening doing a lice treatment in her hair (even though we didn't find any lice, the school found 2 eggs...that's enough for me!  I've also checked my older one, and my husband, he checked me...I went to the laundrymat and washed ALL of our bedding (can you tell I'm just a BIT freaked out?? lol) okay.  Sorry.  (You're all scratching your heads now though, aren't you????)

Moving on!!  Today's post is all about Star of the Show - a KILLER new template from My Time Made Easy.  I LOVE this template.  This is a simple assembly, and such a versatile shape -- think 4th of July, or Christmas, Birthdays, Sports...YEP, lots of possibilities here!!!

Here's what I've got for you today...

This uses some oldies but goodies in the MTME arsenal.  Lunch Box Love Notes, and the Alphabet Soup Collection 2 pretty printables paper.  I had my older daughter in mind with this.  She's in first grade, and has had a HARD time this year.  She's really smart, and funny, sweet, and kind...most of all, she is SENSITIVE, and this year, she's had a REALLY hard time adjusting to her new teacher.  Like, anxious tummy hard.  I've gone through a HUGE range of emotions, from angry, to sad, to almost insane, lol.  I've been fighting with the school to have them meet her needs -- as she wasn't being challenged enough academically.  Although I REALLY wanted them to move her to another classroom, they asked me to give them a few weeks to try some new things in the classroom, and I agreed.  Whatever they did -- it seems to have worked.  Mind you, I'll be keeping a CAREFUL eye on what's going on, and if I start to recognize the same signs I had before, but, no more anxious tummy at the mere mention of school, no more "I hate school" (which I think is an unacceptable term, ESPECIALLY from a 6 year old!  I'm SO proud of her for still getting up and going to school, not giving us a hard time about going, when she was so miserable for so long...I too, am happy that my fight has changed things for the WHOLE class, not  just my daughter.  So, I'll keep this little box aside, for some day when she needs a little pick me up, she really is an amazing little girl, I'm so lucky to be her Mommy. :)

Be sure to stop in with LaurenLisa, and Catherine!!  Thanks for dropping by --- (Have you stopped scratching yet??) Make it a great day!!

7 comments:

Riet said...

So gorgeous Tracey.

Hugs Riet.x

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

scratch, scratch. :0) Great idea for your project, and so happy to hear your daughter is going better! LOVE the bright colors!

AKiteFlier said...

Beautiful box Tracey and the perfect pick me up for your daughter. Hang in there. Hope it all works out well.

Lelia Pierce said...

Oh no! That's no fun going through the whole lice business...and about the time I read "you're scratching your head now" I was reaching up to scratch. Get out of my head!

Beautiful project, Tracey! Love it!

XXX

Debbie said...

Oh, Tracey ... this is simply adorable! I {heart} the hot pink color -- your daughter will love this :)

Monique said...

Your star box is so cute. Love the colors... oh no... You sound like me I would be disinfecting everything.. I have heard to throw pillows and stuffed animals that sort of thing in the freezer for 24 hours and that will get rid of them to... Hope it all works out!!

Barb said...

Beautiful!!!! The bright colors make me happy!!!
OK, I'm off to scratch my head some more now!!! LOL!!! I've been through the lice issue and it is soooooooooooooo not fun. The first time it happened, my oldest and I lived in SC. I was soooo freaked out, I took him to the ER so they could check his head under the light for live eggs!!! LOL!!! So no don't feel you are freaking out!!! LOL!!!