December 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Grammy!

Really??  The weekend is over already??  I SWORE it just started!! :)

It's been a great weekend, filled with lots of work, AND lots of fun!!  We had a great time at the tree lighting last night, and then today, we continued celebrating!

This time, we switched gears from Christmas to birthday, as it was my Mother-in-Law's birthday Wednesday.  All of the kids and their children headed out to where my in-laws live, and surprised her by showing up to Mass at their church this morning, then we headed over to their house, and all of the kids made a HUGE brunch for the entire family (7 kids, plus spouses, and 15 grandchildren!)  It was an awesome day.  The kids all had a blast, and it was nice to spend time all together.


Here's Grammy's card, made with the new Stitches & Swirls stamp set from Papertrey Ink, and Signature Greetings, one of my FAVORITES of all time.  Both were stamped in SU! Elegant Eggplant.  I colored in the stitches and swirls with my copics, and it's hard to see, but I used my gold spica glitter pen to add some highlights and a little sparkle.

That's about it, easy peasy.  I hope you all enjoyed the weekend, I'm ready for bed, I swear those pancakes had tryptophan in them!! ha ha ha  :)  OH -- Here are the copic colors I used :)

4 comments:

Pam W. said...

I LOVE it! I also bought this set, but mine hasn't met my ink pad yet. Now that I've seen this cute creation, I just might introduce them very soon.

Happy belated birthday to your MIL. I hope she enjoyed her celebration.

Kerrie L said...

Awesome card! How did I go all these years not knowing that she shared her birthday with Bob?

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Tracey.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jenn Fontaine said...

Happy birthday Grammy!
I'm glad you had such a nice weekend- they go by so fast don't they!
That card is so pretty!! Love that set- it is on my wish list for sure! Great job!