August 30, 2014

Making an Effort...

I seem to go in spurts, posting to the blog here, but I REALLY am going to try to keep this a consistent thing.  It's pretty amazing, how easy it can be to neglect writing new posts.  Today, I am sharing a card I made for one of my nephews.  I saw a similar design (and I apologize, because I now can not find the original source) and I thought it would be a great 'boy' design.

I pulled out my papers, inks, stamps and dies and got myself ready to create a masterpiece!  Alright, well, maybe not a MASTERPIECE, but the birthday boy liked it, so all good in my eyes :).

I started out with a Tropical Teal base, if you've never used Papertrey Ink's Cardstock, it is heavenly - nice and thick and sturdy, love it!  On the white layer, I stamped some images from Grunge Me in Kraft ink, to anchor the focal point.



Next, I die cut some stars using the Sketched Stars dies, in a few different colors (Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse, and Tropical Teal), and on top of that, I placed a Kraft star, stamped with images from Star Prints, die cut with the Seeing Stars dies.

To add my sentiment, I used the 3 colors of ink that coordinated with the die cut stars, and made an 'ombre effect' on the 'happy' from Wet Paint - and finished off the sentiment with True Black ink.

Off to another birthday party today -- with a family as big as ours, we're BOUND to be headed off to a party on any given weekend, lol... Thanks for stopping by!!!

Supplies (all PTI unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Wet Paint, Star Prints, Grunge Me
Ink: Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, True Black, Classic Kraft
Paper: Tropical Teal, Select White, Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse, Classic Kraft
Accessories: Seeing Stars Dies, Sketched Stars Dies, Corner rounder punch

No comments: