September 11, 2008

7 Years...


Seven years...that's a long time. But it feels like it was just yesterday. Seven years ago today, my life changed. I think in some way, everyone's life changed...from the people who were on the planes, the people who were in the buildings...the loved ones waiting at home, the servicemen and women of this, and many other great countries, everyone's lives had changed.

This is a day I will NEVER forget, my husband and brother as well as friends were in the city that day, and things were just turned upside down. What an eerie feeling...it was a beautiful crisp morning...they don't come any more gorgeous...and then I heard the news...

I didn't lose anyone personally in the attacks, but know many who did, including my brother, his college roomate's brother and father were both lost that day. My brother would go down to the armory every day to check on news of Mr. Coffey and his son Jason, but unfortunately there never was any news to be had.

So sad, so unsettling.

Take a moment to remember today...a moment to remember those lost, those who they left behind, and those who are deployed all over the world to help ensure this doesn't happen again.

Thank you to the Fire, Police, and EMS that put your lives on the line daily. Thank you to all of our servicemen and women who fight for peace, and our freedom.

Here's a card, in the spirit of today...this was sent to My Favorite Marine, also known as THE Major, while he was deployed in Iraq earlier this year.


Thanks for stopping by...God Bless America...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, I got goose bumps while reading this!!! Thanks for taking the time on your blog to remember!!!

The card is fantastic and I'm sure "The Major" appreciated it!!!