September 29, 2008

Another 'oldie' but goodie...

I'm stuck in the middle of mass producing a bunch of invitations for a Christening, so all of my stamp time is being devoted to that (well, what little of it there is, anyway...there isn't much leftover being a full-time working mom of 2 and wife to 1 *wink*)

So, I figured I'd share this fun card I made for the Dare to get dirty challenges on Splitcoast back in July. This was Lauren Meader's challenge...Monochromatic

The main image is stamped on PTI's Linen vellum. The chair (the white part) was gone over from behind with my stylus, not only making the chair white, but giving it a nice 'fluffy' look to it too! I turned it back over, and went over the outlines of the flowers just to give it a little more dimension.

This is a great set by MFT, I said she modeled it after me, and thankfully she made me MUCH thinner ;) They've got some great challenges where you can win FREE STUFF over on their forum on SCS, you should stop by and check it out! Kim, the owner (who is awesome by the way) will occasionally run a 1 day special on a featured set - so be sure to check in over there...who doesn't like a sale, right?

Thanks for stopping by - I hope to have something fun and fresh by week's end!!

One last note...HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEXA!!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Here's the Scoop (My Favorite Things)
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Night of Navy
Paper: PTI White, Linen Vellum, SU! Night of Navy
Accessories: Aquapainters, makers (for watercoloring) Stylus, prima, doodlebug jewel

2 comments:

Heather said...

Great card! The chair is awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

That is a super cute card! Love the idea of "embossing" the vellum to get that look!