January 7, 2009

Viva la Verve challenge

Hi all! Been busy actually MAKING things, haven't had time to post really. Wanted to share my Mom's birthday card with you.

Over at SCS, on the Member Company forums, Verve Stamps has started some weekly sketch challenges...here's the first one:

Their twist was to add a bit of hardware...something metal. I had this great scrapbooking kit from SEI - Winnie's walls. Love these papers! I picked a few of the different patterns, and went at it!

The card base is Ruby Red, and the other CS colors used are So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, and Wild Wasabi. The silk flowers are by Making Memories - I got them from my friend Paulette. Sooo...to add in some metal. Took me a while to think of it, but I bought these brads from SU! back when they first came out, and haven't used ANY - so I broke them out, and put one on my card - I colored the brad in the center with a copic marker.

I only have one Verve set, and none of the sentiments fit what I was trying to achieve here (a birthday card) sooo, I used a sentiment from PTI's Birthday Basics. I obviously need to expand my Verve 'collection' but need to put the brakes on my spending for a while - unless I find someone to buy a bunch of my old stuff that I never use... *reminds self to start pulling stuff together for the bay*

The weather here is kind of nasty - rainy, icy, snowy - a perfect day to be inside!! Hope you all have a great day...thanks for stopping by!!

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI's Birthday Basics
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Paper: SU! Ruby Red, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, SEI's Winnie's Walls collection
Accessories: SU! flower Brads, Making Memories Silk Flowers


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome birthday card Tracey! This is a great sketch. I'll have to bookmark it. Love the flowers and filigree brad!