October 3, 2009

Happy World Card Making Day!!

Hi friends!

Hope you get to play on World Card Making Day!!

I actually made this the other night -- as I anticipated that I likely WON'T get to play today...*insert sad face here*.  BUT - thought the day SHOULD be honored.


I needed to make a card for a colleague for the arrival of his newborn son.  I am just LOVING these Labels 8 Nestabilities dies.  I used Papertrey Ink's Polka Dot Basics for the background, used Versamark and clear embossing powder -- love that look.  Then used the polka dot star and sentiment from Star Prints, and that fun flourish from Fancy Flourishes to complete my project.  I used Chocolate Brilliance Ink for my flourish and sentiment.

So - what are YOU working on for world card making day???

There are some great challenges going on out there to do today -- including one being hosted by my friend Kristin, and some of the girls from the 'My Time to Create Challenge Team'...it's the 'Just Us Girls Challenge' check it out here:
JUGS1 Challenge

also, Dawn McVey has a Raspberry Suite Color Challenge going on right now with some YUMMY colors...check that out here:
Raspberry Suite # 17

Splitcoaststampers has a whole list of activities going on throughout the day to keep you busy -- so go on, get those paper cutters, stamps and embellies out, and GET INKY!  Hope you'll share with me either a favorite project of yours, or one that you seen somewhere else...there's so much out there, you can't even BEGIN to see it all!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies:
Stamps: Fancy Flourishes, Polka Dot Basics, Star Prints (all Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Versamark, Brilliance Chocolate
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Spring Rain (all Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Clear EP, Nestabilities Labels 8 dies

2 comments:

Nana Diana said...

Very sweet card, a lovely change from the usual colours. Simple but striking, I love it!!

Dawn McVey (dawnsing) said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Chickadee! Your card is adorable! Have a goodie!

~Dawn