May 29, 2009

Technique Challenge!

Happy Saturday all!

What a crazy week! I was all SORTS of messed up with the short week this week...but I'm really glad it's the weekend already! We had a parade tonight - and another one tomorrow...it feels good to be out marching again.







Lauren's challenge this week was to dry emboss on vellum. I like this technique alot, but my creativity was low the other day...but I did manage this:













I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. I stamped the flowers from Everyday Classics onto the vellum using the rock and roll technique (Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, Raspberry Fizz) and then I embossed the lines from the back. I like the simplicity of this, and it didn't take long, but I think it's pretty neat looking.

Hope you get to play along this weekend...here's who else is playing along:

Here's a little peek at their creations:
















If you get to play along, be sure to use the keyword MTTCT01 when uploading your creation!! Looking forward to seeing what YOU do with the challenge!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Everyday Classics, Fancy Flourishes (both PTI)
Ink: Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, Raspberry Fizz, New Leaf (all PTI), Brilliance Graphite Black
Paper: Select White, Vellum CS, Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise
Accessories: silver brads






14 comments:

Dana Gustafson said...

Pretty Tracey! This is so icy smooth with the large panel of vvellum. The white space really make syour gorgeous flowers pop.

Lelia Pierce said...

Just lovely Tracey! I may have to try this technique.

Kristin Eberline said...

You did this when your creativity was LOW?! LOL Could have fooled me!! LOVE your simple, yet beautiful card! This turned out beautifully!! Love that you embossed the white lines on the PTI flowers...and only used 3 of them. I always want to make patterned paper when I pull out this set :O)

Enjoy your parade today!

Maria said...

Very nice job! So pretty with flowers that pop!

Bethany Paull said...

Pretty! I like how you used the two colors for your embossed flowers.

AKiteFlier said...

Tracey this is stunning I love it!!! Your mojo did NOT leave you! LOL It truly is beautiful and I will have to case this one!!!

Tamara said...

Great card. I love how all of the DT did slightly different things with the technique, and all the cards turned out so well.

Jenn said...

Tracey you did a great job! It is so pretty and elegant!

Sue Lelli said...

Just beautiful!

Rikki Holley said...

Very Very pretty card.

Rebecca said...

Love the colors on these! Embossing on vellum is always such a pretty effect!

Lana Clarke said...

Gorgeous delicate card
Hugs
Lana x

Karen said...

Your flowers look so happy popped up on their flourish! A beautiful card!! :>

Ginny said...

this looks gorgeous..I love embossing on vellum and acetate but do it often enough, tfs :0)