May 23, 2009

My Time to Create COLOR Challenge!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

It's shaping up to be a busy one here, but filled with family, fun, and a parade and memorial day ceremony...so it's bound to be good! What are YOUR plans for the weekend? Parties, parades, gardening?? All the while - don't forget to think of those who died fighting for your right to do all those wonderful things...My friend Josh is a member of The Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps (the President's fife and drum corps) and he posted that he was honored to spend the day yesterday visiting and decorating the graves in Arlington National Cemetary. I don't know if I've ever been more proud to call him my friend.

Ok - I know you aren't here to read about my thoughts on Memorial day...I will get on to business. Lauren has given us a SUPER fun color combo to play with this week...here it is:











Is that dress not the SWEETEST?? I have to ask Lauren where she found it, because I adore it, and would love to see one (if not both) of my girls in one!

I received my Papertrey goodies the other day, and figured I'd make my project with some of my new finds :).

I chose the colors, Raspberry Fizz, Melon Berry, Lemon Tart, Spring Moss, and Aqua Mist all from PTI.

















I started out with a white card base, and stamped the large flourish from the new Papertrey Ink stamp set called, Fancy Flourishes in Brilliance Graphite Black ink. I picked out 5 different star designs to use, and stamped one on each of the colors of CS, and punched them out with Stampin' Up!'s Large Star Punch. I arranged them on my card front, and adhered them with dimensionals.

I then went back and stamped the little star image from the Star Prints set, around the flourish. I think this would be cool for a tween girl's birthday, don't you?

The rest of the Design team was awfully busy too - be sure to stop by and show them some love!! Here's a peek at what they've been up to...










Hope you get to play along -- don't forget to use Keyword MTCC02 when uploading, and be sure to link using the Mr. Linky widget on Lauren's post!

15 comments:

tg said...

I love this! What a cute card and a cool take on the challenge.

MacKenzie said...

LOVE IT!

Alicia Weiman said...

Love your card....I just got the star set in the mail yesterday, but haven't gotten to play with it yet!

Kristin Eberline said...

Love your card! So clean and fresh!! GREAT use of the new PTI goodies...I'm still waiting for mine :(

Have a great weekend with your family. Good luck in finding that dress for your girls...I agree, it's completely adorable and I would want it for my daughter if she wasn't 15 and adament about NOT wearing what I pick out :O)

Kristin

Molly B said...

That is awesome! I love it! Have you tried out the cricut yet? Have a great weekend. -Molly B

AKiteFlier said...

Tracy this is FABULOUS - You are the rock star today with this awesome card. I love everything about it. I have yet to play with my flourishes set but now I'm inspired! Great job.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my this card SCREAMS FUN! Perfect for a teen girl for sure!!! I love how those stars just pop off the page! Fantastic!

Renee V. said...

Tracey - This is so wonderful! I just love it. It screams fun! And I was thinking to myself that I really didn't need this set. Silly me.
I'm really going to try and do her challenge this weekend too. You did a great job with it.
Hugs and Love,
Renee

Tamara said...

I love this card. the colours really pop, and I can see this being a great birthday card, or just a "pick me up" card for a young teen.

reeree62 said...

I love your take on this challenge! Yours is definitely my fave on the challenge!!

Becky said...

Oh wow! What a fantastic card! I love how it just pops out!~~

Dana Gustafson said...

Lovin it! My star set is on it's way and I can't wait to get playing with your card as my inspiration! The combo of swirls and stars are unbeatable!

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhhhhhh, WOWWWWWW! I love love love this card!!....and I think I need to CASE it sometime. FABO!!

Lauren (mytime) said...

This xcard definitely ROCKS!! Love the layout and the colors are great for this.

Anonymous said...

Awesome card Tracey! Great for anybody really. And I'll bet the girls would be totally adorable in that dress.