May 8, 2009

My Time to Create Inspiration Challenge!

Well, it's Saturday, so it's time to create with Mytime!! If you didn't already know, Lauren Meader is switching things up, and hosting a different type of challenge on her blog each Saturday.

First Saturday of the month: sketch challenge
Second Saturday: inspiration challenge

Third Saturday: Timeless Template Challenge
Fourth Saturday: color challenge
Fifth Saturday (if applicable): Lauren's choice

Lots of fun to be had, hope you get a chance to play along.

Lauren gave us this photo as our inspiration:
















And here is my creation inspired by this dress:

















It took me a little while, but then I got an idea and ran with it. I liked the retro background basics image I used, it kind of reminded me of the pattern at the top of the dress. I added some bling below the sentiment, gives it a little oomph. The umbrellla was cut out, and was adhered to the card front with dimensionals. in this instance, the handle is under the dimensional, and the umbrella top is above the dimensional for added depth.

Don't forget to stop by the team's blogs, we're happy that Alicia was able to play this week as well! Here are the links to the rest of the team:

Alicia
Dana
Dawn
Jen
Kristin
Lauren
Lisa
Mackenzie

Maria
Odette
Pam

Tamara

If you are going to play along (which I hope you do!!) Make sure to use the keyword MTTI01. Lauren has also posted a Mister Linky link on her post today. I'd love to see your take on this great inspiration.

We're off to a Communion/double birthday party...another long day. At least tomorrow I get to sleep in. I wish all the Mom's out there a wonderful Mother's Day!! {{{HUGS}}} and thanks for stopping by!!

Supplies: Stamps: Scattered Showers (PTI) Ink: Plum Pudding, Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream (all PTI) Paper: Plum Pudding, Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream (all PTI) Accessories: swarovski crystals, cinnamon stickles, vintage cream satin ribbon, dimensionals

19 comments:

Alicia Weiman said...

Great card! I really love this color combo. You have a very nice blog and I love the way you have it set up to view the little thumbnails of other projects!

Lisa Kind said...

This is so pretty and I just love this umbrella set! Love your background too! Great job on the challenge!

AKiteFlier said...

Tracy this is adorable and I really do see the source of your inspiration. Love that retro BG and the flowers on the umbrella. Rock on! Hug n smiles.

Jen Tapler said...

LOVE the clean lines of this card! Fantastic job!!

Molly B said...

Very pretty. Great take on the challenge. Have a Happy Mother's Day! -Molly B

Maria said...

This is great, beautiful job.

Dawn Easton said...

Great image to use for the pattern! Looks fantastic!! I love that umbrella image it is so sweet!!

Kristin Eberline said...

This is beautiful! Love how clean and simple it is...also LOVE that stamp set :O) Isn't it fun?

Tamara said...

Great work. I love the brown and purple. I didn't actually notice the purple in the photo, but so far everyone's creations have purple.

Handmade by Odette said...

Tracey, there is something in your card that keeps my eyes on it, I think is the umbrella. Your card take me to my childhood :) seriously!
I love everything you put on it!
Thanks for sharing it!!
Odette

Dana Gustafson said...

Tracey this is totally adorable. I really love the retro backgournd with the flower print umbrella. And the color combo is wonderful :)

DoxieGirl said...

What a great take on the inspiration piece! I love the graphic look of the background!
~Kendra

MacKenzie said...

Love your take on the challenge this week - great job!

Unknown said...

This is just gorgeous!! love those wee brollies!

Cat Darling said...

Such a pretty card! I love the little umbrella1 So cute! Happy Mother's Day!

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome colors, love the row of bling and the popped up umbrella. Great looking card!

Rebecca said...

Awesome project!

Melanie said...

So cute. I love the layout!

Jenn said...

Very pretty. I like the little details and background you used! Great job!