February 11, 2010

Pink Cat ain't be talkin' Blarney...

Top O' the Mornin' to ya ;).


With Valentine's day only a few days away -- that means St. Patrick's day isn't too far behind.  I LOVE that Melissa made some adorable St. Patrick's day (or any day) images for us to use.  I've got 2 samples to share this week.

This first one is of Betty sliding down a rainbow to a pot of gold.  A-DORABLE if you ask me.  I just stamped a simple 'Happy St. Patrick's Day' sentiment at the bottom, and heat embossed it with gold EP.  Finished it off with a little gold ribbon.

The next one, well, it looks fairly simple, but there was a lot of time spent on this one -- you see, I made my very first sheet of digital paper!  I looked all over for a paper that I liked, and could NOT find anything -- so I fiddled around in PSE, I took a sheet of paper I already had - messed with the color, the texture, added some shamrocks, and the text -- It says "Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter. Lullabies, dreams and love ever after. Poems and songs with pipes and drums. A thousand welcomes when anyone comes... That's the Irish for you!" It just repeats down the page.  Suited my purposes.  Not too shabby for my first time out...at least I don't think so!

Anyway -- I also spent quite a bit of time on Betty -- cutting out all of those gold coins.  That was a bit tedious, but in the long run, I'm happy I did it --I'm thrilled with how this turned out. The pot is also dimensional - you can see it a little better in this photo.

Head on over to the rest of the DT's blogs to see what they've come up with this week, I'm sure it's nothing short of spectacular!
Supplies:
Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Digital Images - sentiments from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Versamark, Brilliance Chocolate
Paper: Brushed Gold, Green Galore, Whisper White, Fallen Leaf (Couture Cardstock), digi paper (by me!)

8 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards ,i love your images and colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Katie Cotton said...

these are absolutely adorable!

Jenny said...

Both cards are super cute! Thanks for leaving me a comment on my JUG card!

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous cards, Tracey! Love all the gold on the first card and the dimension on the second!!

MacKenzie said...

Cute cute cute! LOVE Betty as a red head with freckles!

Davi said...

You are just tooo clever making your own!! Love the image and the fun colors. Rainbows are always cheerful!!

sharonw05 said...

This is just adorable! I love the BG paper you made!

Kristen said...

Super cute cards. Both are wonderful!