August 25, 2012

August Papertrey Blog Hop!

This will be a quick post -- let's face it - you've got lots of hopping to do!!

When I saw the inspiration photo on Nichole's blog - I was IMMEDIATELY drawn to that awesome tweed loopy flower.

I decided that I totally was going to make my own, and I sat down with some felt, a rotary cutter and ruler.  Well -- I had planned to do a step by step to show you how I made it, but I needed all hands on deck -- no one to take the photos - sheesh.  Perhaps I'll give this another shot when someone is home to help me, lol.

Anyway - it's not perfect, but I do love it -- lots of texture, and fun thrown in :).

Here is the completed card -- I love the sentiment, it fit just perfectly at the bottom.

Thanks for stopping by today - looking forward to all of your creations!!  We're having PERFECT Summer weather here - hope it's as beautiful where you are, too!

Supplies:
Stamps (all PTI): Thank You mini set, Background Basics: Tin Types
Ink (all PTI): Blueberry Sky, Dark Chocolate
Paper (all PTI): Kraft, Blueberry Sky, Dark Chocolate
Supplies (all PTI): Vintage Buttons, Blueberry Sky Felt, Doily Details dies, Wood Grain Impression Plate, Wine Bottle Tag die

8 comments:

Pam W. said...

I LOVE your big loopy flower! I, too, noticed it in the inspiration photo. I love the texture that you added with the wood grain impression plate. Great design, my friend!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous card Tracey, love your background stamping and that flower is awesome.

Leigh Penner said...

I love your take on the loopy flower! Very cool card!

Jacquie Southas said...

love the card and your big loopy flower - would love to see a tutorial

Cammie said...

LOVE the loopy flower! I must remember wood texture with tin types and mini thank you set. Thanks for the inspiration.

tonyamaries said...

I love your flower! That is what caught my eye too but I had no idea how to create it so I went the easy route and made the wreath. I love the colors with that wood grain panel,lovely card!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Tracey.

Hugs Riet.xx

jennfontaine said...

Your loopy flower is so pretty! love it! I love the blue and the mix of browns- wow! Wonderful card- so pretty!!