April 29, 2009

Dustin Pike - WOW - I love his stuff...

I couldn't think of anything really witty to entitle this post, so I just went ahead with what I feel :).

Have you all seen Dustin Pike's digi-stamps?? My goodness, talk about AWESOME! I've bought a few of these, (some of which you'll see over the next few days) and some that are FREE...Yes, you heard me...F-R-E-E. Every Wednesday (hey- that's today!) Dustin gives a digi image out for free! YAHOOOOOO!

Ahem, ok, sorry. Anyway -- a friend of mine recently had foot surgery, and when I saw this image from Dustin, well, I knew it would be perfect for a card for her!!

If you haven't tried digital images, this is a good way to start. Go ahead and download a free image and play. The cool thing about digital images is that you can resize them to fit your project. Large or small - you make it fit your needs!
The image is colored with my Copics. I've heard numerous people complain that their digital images run when they color them. I *believe* the trick is to use a printer that has a pigment ink cartridge. If you only have regular ink you will likely have runny images. I use a Canon Pixma i4200. It takes PTI CS wonderfully, and again, no runny images!

The black border of the image was drawn in with a marker, and everything is on dimensionals. The buttons are from PTI, aren't they YUMMY??? I started out saying I didn't need them, and now I have almost every color they've released...it's a sickness, I swear.

The sentiment is from PTI's Faux Ribbon set, stamped in brilliance graphite black ink.

Does anyone watch LOST??? OMWord...just as I think I'm starting to figure things out, there come another whole SLEW of questions!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Stamps: digital stamp 'ouch dragon' (Dustin Pike), PTI Faux Ribbon
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Paper: SU! Gable Green, PTI Aqua Mist, Melon Berry, Select white
Accessories: Vintage buttons, dimensionals

7 comments:

Teresa said...

He's adorable! She's going to love this card. I've tried a few digi images - not his yet - I'll have to check it out later.

Courtney Baker said...

I watched LOST too. It was pretty good, but I hate that we will lose Daniel (well it seems that we will).

Great card too. Your black ink looks really crisp. I might have to try that.

Jenn said...

This is so cute! What a great job! I haven't tried any didi images...I may need to! Great card!

Barb said...

How cute is that!!! That dragon is just to adorable. Great job!!
I LOVE Dustin's images. I have downloaded alot of them too.

Barb said...

LOL!!! Guess what showed up in my mail today?!? I didn't even catch that you maid this for a friend that just had foot surgery.
This is even cuter IRL!!!! Thanks so much Tracey - it sure brightened my day!!!

sharonw05 said...

He is so cute! I have never used any digi images--guess I need to check them out!

Ginny said...

glad someone else is as mad about DP as I am..lol...hadn't seen this image before..how GORGEOUS!!!!!

love all your cards, fab blog, looking forward to working with you :0)