May 15, 2009

My Time to Create Template Challenge!

Hello all ~ Happy Saturday! I'm writing to you from New Hampshire. I'm in Manchester to head out shopping at CKC tomorrow -WOO HOO! I just got back from dinner a little while ago with Lauren and Paulette...I am SO stuffed. Why is it that when you are so full, you still continue to shovel in more, solely because it tastes good? crazy.

I'll have to share the photo of my dessert in another post since I didn't bring my camera cord with me...and NO I didn't finish it...












ok, ok, ok, sorry - enough of the blabber. My PROJECT. The third Saturday of the month is a Timeless Template challenge -- so get ready guys and gals to show us your stuff! There are a few FREE templates available, but if you haven't bought any, you're going to want to -- talk about making life easier! wow. I'm so thankful to Lauren for providing me the tools to make many a cute gift. (oh- and there's NO shipping, and INSTANT gratification!! You can download the templates right after you pay for them!)

















Lauren's challenge this week is to use a template to make a birthday present, and incorporate either the color purple, or a butterfly. Now I will admit - I made this for a bridal shower, but it could TOTALLY be used for a birthday present. We had thrown my friend Jackie a bridal shower at work. We had purchased her gift, and had money left over from all that was collected, so we decided to give her the cash. But HOW could I make it look COOL??? Money flowers. Yep -- money flowers. I searched online for instructions, and found pretty good ones here. (Though mine are not NEARLY as nice as those!) I took all of the bills and seperated them into 5 piles of 5. Then I made my flowers. I had assembled Lauren's Basket Basics template out of poison ivory shimmery CS, it matches Jackie's wedding invitations, pretty good, huh? the top of the basket is wrapped in black satin ribbon, and tied in a bow. I made the tag, 'celebrate today' the sentiment is from Papertrey's Mixed Messages, and the circle border is from the borders and corners monogram edition stamp set.

















ok - so I made a birthday present, in a template, but it's not purple, so I need to incorporate some butterflies...I used Papertrey's Butterfly Kisses, and stamped the outline in Graphite Black Brilliance Ink. I then heat set it - and stamped the line image in versamark, then used heat and stick, and applied SU!s Dazzling diamonds glitter. I used a couple of floral sticks with wire to stick them into my flower 'arrangement' to have them flutter about.

I have to say - I really liked this project, and I'm so happy with how well it turned out.

So what template are YOU going to try?!?!? Don't forget to use the keyword MTTC02 when uploading - and Lauren's post with the Mr. Linky :)

Can wait to see what YOU do with the challenge today!

Don't forget to stop by the rest of the team's blogs for more GREAT ideas with Lauren's Timeless Templates!!!


Off to bed, it's a day FILLED with shopping goodness tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Mixed Messages, Borders and Corners Monogram Edition
Ink: Brilliace Graphite Black
Paper: Curious Iridescent Poison Ivory, PTI True Black

12 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

What a FUN project girl! Wowzers!!! Who wouldn't want to receive THAT?! Great money flowers! I've never seen that before and it's super cool!
Have a fun filled shopping day today!!

Kristin Eberline said...

I LOVE your project! Not only is it stunning with your colors, it's soooo clever! LOVE LOVE LOVE this :O) I want a gift like this...money included! LOL I would have a great shopping day! Ha ha

Have fun shopping today, girlie!

Kristin

AKiteFlier said...

Woah what a super super fun and creative gift - Lucky lucky bride to be! Love that idea and have to check out the money flowers. Your butterflies are SO sparkly and pretty - thanks for sharing how you did it.
SHop till you drop!

Tamara said...

Fantastic. I love the money flowers, and will have to try this out. I am going to a wedding shower tomorrow, and this just might be the gift I was looking for. thanks!

Jenn said...

So COOL! What a fun way to give someone money! So creative!

Maria said...

OMG, how cool!! That's amazing! Awesome job!

Laura said...

AWESOME Project! What a cool way to give cash. Hehehe. You have my address, right?

Lana Clarke said...

OMG what a super duper fabulous idea.....
You are so creative
Hugs
Lana x

Holly Young said...

I think your money flowers are way better than the one in the instructions you showed us!

Lauren (mytime) said...

OH MY! Mail it to me instead! That is SOOOOO pretty and so smart. Love that.You should pat yourself on the back girl

Lisa Kind said...

Great way to give a money gift! I just gave my MIL $75 in $5 bills for her 75th birthday, but attached them to a metal tree wall-hanging! This would have been a cute idea as well! You rocked the challenge...hope your gift was a success too!

Dana Gustafson said...

Tracey! THis is the perfect gift! I will totally have to try it...especially for the hard to shop for men in my life. Your glittery butterflies are the perfect touch to the basket o money!