June 23, 2009

FINALLY - a Raspberry Suite Challenge!!

I have been wanting to play along with my friend Dawn's challenges for some time now, but life and other commitments kept getting in the way. Well, not today my friends!! FINALLY, I got to play along (and in time too!) with Dawn's latest challenge!







She always finds such fun and fresh combos. I did play along last week, but didn't get my card done in time, I'll include it at the bottom of this post...

So, without further adieu, here is my card for this week's challenge:














I needed to make a card for a co-worker who recently had surgery. I LOVE that branch image from Beyond Basic Borders (would you all be ashamed if I told you I HAD to have that set, just for that one image??? I like the others too, but that one really had me hooked) Now-it's a little hard to tell, but the base layer and the stamped sentiment are in Berry sorbet, and all of those yummy buttons are melon berry...mmmm delish, right?

Here's my card for LAST week's challenge -- which was this:








Remember the wedding invitations I made??? Well, Saturday was the wedding, and even though it rained...A LOT, it was a beautiful wedding. I needed a card for the bride and
groom. I thought this one up while sitting at work last Wednesday, but didn't get to actually put it to paper until Friday night...what do you think??
















This uses that great big flourish from the With Sympathy set, and the Celebrate Sentiment is from Out on a Limb Sentiments. The flowers are my favorite little confetti flowers from M's, finished off with some flat back swarovski's, just like the invitations. The black border on the New Leaf layer is 1/4" black grosgrain ribbon, and the panel with the focal image is on dimensionals...

Before I go, thought I'd share a little photo of me and the hubby from the wedding











Thanks for stopping by!!!

Supplies:
Raspberry 10 card:
Stamps: Beyond Basic Borders
Ink: Brilliance Chocolate, Berry Sorbet (PTI)
Paper: Berry Sorbet, Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate (all PTI)
Accessories: Melon Berry Vintage Buttons

Raspberry 9 card:
Stamps: With Sympathy, Out on a Limb Sentiments
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Paper: Curious Iridescent 'Poison Ivory' CS, New Leaf (PTI)
Accessories: Black Grosgrain (SU!), M's confetti flowers, swarovski crystals

21 comments:

Vanessa said...

WOW! I so love your card with the buttons! Beautiful!

Hugs
Vanessa

Susan said...

Very pretty! I'm a fan of that stamp - I used it on this challenge too!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

These are both stunning!!!

Daniela F. said...

Gorgeous cards, both of them!! Love your use of the branches/ flourish.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love them both, but wow the card with the buttons is super fun! Way to rock this color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love them both, but wow the card with the buttons is super fun! Way to rock this color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Staci said...

Wowie, wow, wow, wow!! EVERYTHING is gorgeous here today! Two beautiful cards and two beautiful people in that photo! You are a shoo-in for the Color Challenge Round-Up!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Love the branches with the buttons. So, So cute. Clean Simple and Elegant.

Barb said...

I LOVE the card with all the buttons - what a great idea!!! Both cards are absolutely gorgeous!! And that photo of you the hubby is wonderful!!! What a beautiful couple you two make!!!

Renee V. said...

Hiya Kiddo! What a treat to stop for a visit and see such a cute picture of the two of you *and* two really pretty cards!
{smiles}
Have a happy day!
Hugs!!

Mimi said...

Using the buttons was such a cute idea!! Such a sweet simple card!

Steph said...

Those are great cards. I especially love the top one and am now debating that set...lol. Good job!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh so beautiful!

Joan B said...

wow, both of these cards totally rock.

Nancy L. said...

Beautiful cards!

peggysue said...

Those buttons look marvelous on the branches, how sweet! I like your interpretation of the color challenges, and yes, I have bought sets for one stamp image alone, is that wrong? :)

Winter said...

Both cards are so pretty! I love the clean design!

Unknown said...

Both cards are awesome! And what a fabulous picture of Nick and you.

Alyssa S said...

Love the button card! I have been trying to not buy that set *just* for that one stamp! :o)

Jenn said...

Wow! First of all the picture of you and Nick is beautiful! Just lovely!
Great job on the challenge! You are doing such great things with buttons..I should open those packs! great post!

designer pens box said...

scare!