December 11, 2009

Dust off those chalks...


And get CREATING!

Kristin gave us a GREAT challenge over at the Just Us Girls blog this week.


The Chalkboard technique.  A tutorial can be found on SCS HERE.

Now, I thought "oh, this will be EASY" -- but for some strange reason, I had this creative block.  I'm not sure if it was just that my week was so hectic and I'm exhausted, or what...but it took me a few attempts until I had something I was happy with.

I started out with my SU! Pastels, and I liked NOTHING that I made, then I broke out these pretty shimmery chalks, and liked it a little better...




The images, with the exception of the sentiment are from PTI's With Sympathy, and the sentiment is from PTI's Damask Designs.  I like these paired together, don't you??


On a totally unrelated note -- we had our first snowfall last weekend.  It looked SO pretty.  I can't imagine living someplace that doesn't have 4 seasons (though let me tell you, the older I get, the less and less I like the frigid cold!)  We had our town tree lighting and then we came home and had a family snowball fight -- lots of fun.  Here's a great pic I got of my daughter Shannon the next day...

Hope you get to play along with us at the JUGS challenge this week -- I apologize as I haven't had a lot of time to get around to comment -- but am hoping to make up for it in the coming days, now that I have some super important Christmas projects completed and out of the way. :)

When you upload your project, post your link on the Mr. Linky on the Just Us Girls blog post -- and use Keyword JUGS11 in the online galleries.
 
Be sure to check out what the rest of the team has created!
Hope you all have a GREAT weekend!




10 comments:

Dana Gustafson said...

Ok, Shannon's rosy cheeks and nose are the CUTEST! I love a good winter glow. :)

This is a wonderful card. You chose such a detailed image and it came out perfectly. WTG, girlie!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Tracy, your card is lovely! That is one heck of image to chalk - you did an amazing job! Your daughter looks like she is having a blast!

barb said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! And the card is cute too!!! LOL!!! Shannon is growning up soooo quickly. Such a beautiful picture of her!!!

I like how the card came out!!! I haven't used my chalks in sooooo long. Maybe I'll have to dust them off and try this challenge.

Lisa Kind said...

Tracey! You did a fabulous job with this technique! I LOVE your card! The colors are beautiful! As is your daughter...that picture of her is awesome! I couldn't imagine living without the four seasons either...and I'm saying that with 40mph winds, 10" or more of snow, and below zero windchills right now! Ya gotta be a New Yorker to love it!

PS...your word verification is "driest"! Too funny!

Maria Levine said...

Tracey! This is freakin awesome!! You silly girl you did a fabulous job!! LOVE that image, I may have to go check that out!

Your snow bunny is so cute in the snow! I can't believe you guys got that much snow!

Katie Cotton said...

super cute card! I'm definitely going to have to try this out!

Steph K (booga3) said...

Just gorgeous, Tracey! Just love all the shimmer!

Great pic of your daughter!!

Stampin' Pam said...

Tracey this turned out wonderfully!! I LOVE those images and never thought how pretty they might be chalked but they are indeedy! Your daughter is even more adorable than the card tho :-) Have a great weekend.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Tracey..

Hugs Riet.xx

Andrea M said...

This is so beautiful! The colors are so brilliant against the dark background. WOW - you did such a wonderful job chalking this! Thanks for the inspiration :)