February 23, 2011

Make it Monday with Chick Lil'


Heeellloooooooooooo...in my best "Uncle Leo" (RIP Len Lesser) from Seinfeld voice :)

It's been a while since I've shared some papercrafted goodness with you all.  I've got a fun little card to share with you today that incorporates not one, but TWO challenges going on right now.

The first is Papertrey's Make it Monday challenge, which was to add glitter lines to your project using scor-tape.

The second is a challenge hosted by my friend Pam...well, her daughter actually...she issued a throwdown, and I decided I was up for it :).  The challenge is to create a card inspired by this photo:
What a beauty, right??  Sooo, I sat and stared at my stamp table for a while...and then I went to bed.  I just couldn't figure out what I could do that would pull the two challenges together.  And then, while I was at work yesterday, I suddenly had it!  Of course, so inconveniently in the middle of the day, when I'm away from stampland...but I had it.  So last night, I didn't even turn on the computer, as I knew I'd get sucked in to a round (or 200) of Bejeweled Blitz or Oregon Trail (such a silly game, but brings me back to my childhood).

Here's what I came up with:
I know my flower has more red than yellow...but while my intentions were good, I think I got a little carried away with my cherry cobbler ink pad.  The flower was made using PTI's Beautiful Blooms II #1 die collection.  I folded a single sheet of yellow tissue paper, so that there were 16 layers of tissue, and ran the 3 dies through my Cuttlebug together...talk about a time saver!  Then I stacked them, fluffed them, inked them, fluffed them some more...but the final thing that made it work was a spritzed it with a little water, and THEN fluffed some more.  Now -- the water may have done NOTHING, but I felt like it did something, so I'm sticking to that story.

Oh, "what's that" you say??  Look at that yummy glitter frame around the outside.  Yes, there's my scor-tape with glitter!  My card is 5"x5".  There is a scored frame (though kind of hard to see) at the 4" mark.  Just to the outside of that was a penned border, and then my fabulous glitter border.  Really dresses up that white base.

That cute little sentiment is from Flower Garden Sentiments, I'm so punny sometimes ;).

Thanks for stopping by for a look!  Make it a great day!

10 comments:

jen said...

this is AMAZING!!!! Love that fluffy flower so much- and it is my belief you can never (NEVER) go wrong with glitter!! :)
oh- and 'hi, uncle leo' in my best drabby jerry voice...! :D

Pam W. said...

OH.MY.WORD! This is stunning!! Great job with the glittery frame, too. That flower - well I just don't know what to say. AMAZING.

"Went to bed"........*giggle*

Thanks for playing along with Whit's throw down. I really need to remember to change my password. haha.

Nicole Ireland said...

Love it!! Never thought of tissue paper!! Guess that's why you have a blog & not me.. lol :)

Barb said...

CUTE!!! CUTE!!! CUTE!!! I love the fluffy flower and the glitter frame!!!

Laura said...

Love your flower and the color combo!

Lori said...

stunning!!!

Rebecca said...

oooooooooh I think its gorgeous! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Great card, and fabulous flower!

snarflemarfle said...

That flower is beautiful! I may have to make some myself!

Jenn Copeland said...

Wow! I happened to see this on the PTI Twitter feed and was awwwed! This is beautiful! I'm gonna have to try to duplicate your fabulous-ness! Thanks for your inspriration!