July 17, 2011

A Weekend of Celebration & Summer Card Camp!

"JANE! STOP THIS CRAZY THIIIING!!!!"  ha ha ha...

What a weekend!  Friday happened to be my birthday, I was greeted after work with a family of balloon people my daughters made with my sister-in-law, and a BIG banner that they decorated for me :).  That night, my older daughter (7 years old) earned her orange belt at Taekwondo.  I'm so proud of her!! However, my post today is more about our celebrations yesterday.

The first party is for a close family friend, who recently celebrated her 90th Birthday.  Yep - she's an amazing lady, and I'm glad she is part of my life!  To make her card, I looked to the extra color combos from the Friday part of the online Summer Card Camp, being held by Jennifer McGuire, and Kristina Werner.  Here's what I made:

This card uses the Wonderful Words dies from PTI, as well as the By The Numbers dies, and the Wonderful Words Additions stamp set.  Though the middle 'happy' looks black in my photo, I used PTI's Royal Velvet...such a rich purple color -- it's gorgeous!  A few pearls scattered here and there kind of remind me of confetti.



Supplies:
All Supplies PTI unless otherwise noted

Happy 90th:
Stamps: Wonderful Words Additions
Ink: Plum Pudding
Paper: Stampers Select White, Plum Pudding, Simply Chartreuse, Kraft, Royal Velvet
Accessories: Wonderful Words Dies, Pearls (Basic Gray, Recollections)

No comments: