March 13, 2013

Babies, Babies, Babies!!!


Nope!  Not for me!  BUT -- I think I know 5 or 6, or is it 7 people (I've lost count!) who are pregnant and having babies this year! :)  I'm so excited for them all.  For some it's their first, for one it's their 5th!  2 of them will be related to me, I'm excited to be an auntie again, it's been 5 years since we've had any babies in the family.

Well, with babies, come baby gifts!  I made this card a few weeks ago (sorry for the poor lighting, it was dark out when I finished!) but I really liked it, and thought I'd share it here.

The background was done using the My Mother, My Friend stamp set from Papertrey Ink.  I just adore that wavy flower image!  I used the coordinating dies for My Mother, My Friend to cut out the layers for the sentiment, which is from the Sweet Baby set, also from Papertrey Ink.  The sentiment was embossed with white embossing powder.

Lastly, I added a little crocheted flower, to tie into the gift, as one of the gifts I gave my sister-in-law was a blanket her mom made for my oldest.  My SIL has other children, but this is the first being born after the passing of her Mom. My DD and I spoke about how we thought it might be nice to pass the blanket that was made for her by SIL's mom to the new baby, so he/she can have a blanket made by his/her grandma.

We've been BUUUUSY around here - I had been on such a good roll stamping - I need to clear the clutter on my table and get back at it!  Hope things are well where you are!

1 comment:

Pam W. said...

Needless to say, this card is adorable! And I can totally see this for a boy or a girl, depending on the colors used. Yes, I think the tiny floral pattern if fine for even a boy. But what I love even more than the card, is the sweet, kind heart that you have. What a very special gift to pass on and how sweet of Shannon to agree to pass it on. I just love you.