December 31, 2009

6 years...

And it seems like just YESTERDAY...

My daughter turns 6 today!  Wow.  What a lucky Mom I am.  She is beautiful, loving, caring and thoughtful (most of the time ;) ).  She is growing into such the little lady, and her Dad and I are very proud of her, and all she has accomplished in her young life.

She started walking at 8.5-9 months old, and hasn't stopped moving since - lol.  She always has us on our toes, and you never know what will come out of her mouth next...last night, when she woke up and saw the balloons we put in her bedroom so that she knew it was her special day - she said "I like looking at them - they are fascinating to look at, aren't they?"  What 6 year old says that?? lol.

She has a big heart, one full of love and kindness, but one that easily broken and hurt...that big heart drove her to donate her hair to Locks of Love at age 4...she even inspired her cousin to donate her hair -- (here's a post about that)

I know some day she will make a difference in the world, she's destined to.  I will enjoy, God willing, watching her life unfold...

Happy Birthday baby - I love you!

Normally, I would have posted her birthday card, but I actually made it for an upcoming Pink Cat Studio Release, so I can only give you a teeny peek at the card...so stay tuned for the full view!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

She's a honey Tracey!! Happy Birthday Shannon!!! and Happy New year to you all!!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to Shannon! She is just beautiful!!! Hope you all have a terrific New Year!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Shannon!

Lisa Kind said...

Aww, Happy Birthday, Shannon! She sounds like a lovely little girl, Tracey! How lucky you are!

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

Awww...happy birthday Shannon! Sounds like she is super sweet :0)