December 26, 2009

Cake Anyone???


Hello Friends :)

I those of you that celebrate had a great Christmas.  I did, except for when my almost 6 year old daughter woke up at 3:30 am and WOULD NOT GO BACK TO SLEEP! - It made for a long day, but it was a good one, none the less.  BOTH of my girls said more than once today "This is the BEST Christmas EVER!" so I think we did alright :).

It's Saturday, and time for a Just Us Girls Challenge.  This week we have a sponsor, and guest designer  Kelleigh Ratzlaff!  I was so excited to get to use one of Kelleigh's templates -- fun, and easy to assemble!


I chose to use the Hexagon Box Template for my project.  When I saw the template on her site -- all I could think of was a wedding cake.  Not sure if it's all of the episodes of "Cake-off" or "Ace of Cakes" that we've been watching or what. lol.

So, I printed out the template, and got to work.  VERY easy to cut out, so that's a bonus too!

I assembled the boxes, and then trimmed them up with some 12 Days of Snowflakes digi paper.


Added some ribbon, and then the confetti flowers.  I tried to make it like those really elegant cakes, and had the flowers crawl up the side of the 'cake' to the middle of the top layer :).

Each flower is adorned with a clear flatback swarovski crystal, for that little bit of elegance, and sparkle.


Be sure to stop by the rest of the team, as they've all made some FABULOUS creations with Kelleigh's templates -- and don't forget to stop by Kelleigh's blog too!!
Have a SUPER day -- I'll be back tomorrow with a Cutesy Cover project!


13 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful box,s Tracey,i love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lisa Kind said...

This brings me back to my cake making days! I think I made a real wedding cake that looked just like this once! This is so pretty with that beautiful blue digi paper! Great winter wedding cake! And I love how the flowers "crawl" up the cake to the top! Great use of the template, Tracey! Fabulous project!

Kristin Eberline said...

TRACEY!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your cake! This is so beautiful and it really does look like one of those elegant cakes where you see the flowers crawling up the side. Oh and you made the snowflake paper look stunning!! Just gorgeous my friend ;]

Glad you had a wonderful LONG Christmas with your loved ones. It's so fun when the kids are over the top excited!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Tracey! Your project looks YUMMY! The stacked Hexagon boxes sure do look like a 2 tiered wedding cake! The flowers add such an elegant look! The snowflake paper looks amazing :)

Jen Johnson said...

Very impressive template, Tracey! Love the colors and those beautiful flowers! Great job!

AKiteFlier said...

Tracy I LOVE this cake - it's truly elegant and beeeeeeeeeeutiful - I especially love how the flowers drape over the one edge going up to the next. You did a SUPER job with this - and of course I LOVE your choice of template *grin*. ROCK ON - way to use the COOL paper too.

Holiday hugs - hope it was FABULOUS.

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

This is so incredibly elegant!! I just love it. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!

Maria said...

3:30am??? OH CROW! One of mine got up at 5:45am and I thought that was too early. Then of course he other one didn't get up so we had to wait an hour for her!

Your boxes are beautiful!! LOVE the blue color!! So elegant! Fabulous job!

Dana Gustafson said...

No way! This is out of this world Tracey! I love the wedding cake idea. The ice blue flowers look amazing against the white cake and i love the crystal additions. Well done creative lady!!!

Annie said...

OMG, this is breathtaking! I absolutely LOVE it!

Katie Cotton said...

i love it! Where are those flwoers from! Did i miss it in the post?

Davi said...

This "cake" is so pretty and I love the wonderful color paper and those beautiful flowers!!

Deb Neerman said...

Gorgeous! Love the blue flowers and DP you used ... looks good enough to eat!