December 28, 2009

A CUTE Cutesy Cover...


Hope the rest of the weekend treated you well.  I had planned to post this yesterday, but life happened.  Never got a chance to find the camera, and get the photos off of it - lol.


Anyway -- I made this Cutesy Cover © for my niece's birthday gift.  She's 13, and I tried to come up with something that would appeal to her.


I can't WAIT to be able to show you more of what Lauren has in store, some of the new papers coming out are DELISH -- but for now, I'm sharing with you some of what I already have on hand.

The polka dotted paper is from the digi kit that my blog design was inspired by -- "Peace, Love and Happiness, by Libby Weifenbach.  You'll see I made it into double sided paper, using another pattern from that same kit.  I LOVE that kit -- lol.


To print your OWN double sided paper, just print, reload, and print the other design on the opposite side - easy peasy!  I just recently started using matte finish double sided brochure paper.  It has AMAZING results.  The colors are so vibrant, and I just LOVE the look!  I got mine at Staples, but I don't see it listed on their site...which makes me nervous -- maybe I should go stock up! ;)

This was cut the original size with my Cricut, and the little jewelry box fit inside perfectly!


I used a big Martha Stewart border punch for the Raspberry layer, and tied it up with a little avocado ribbon.

It closes with a basic grey magnetic snap, so she can use it to re-gift, or find something else to keep in it.

So, have you used the Cutesy Cover © template yet??  or any of Lauren's new templates?  I'd love to see what you've done with them.

Thanks for stopping by!!



10 comments:

Katie Cotton said...

i love it! So stinkin cute! THe colors are great too!

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

Adorable!! I love the color combo :0)

Anonymous said...

Great project!! The colors are wonderful together!!

Riet said...

Wowww Tracey,what beautiful,i love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Nicole said...

Beautiful! I love the downloadable papers. Could you please tell me where you found your magnetic snap? I haven't been able to find them.

Laurel Beard said...

Cute, Cute, Cute. I made two of her templates so far. The cutesy cover and In A Pinch. Check out my blog. It is the second and third post. www.laurelbeard.wordpress.com! Love your blog. Thanks for sharing!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very cute Tracey! Great color combo & the lacey border is pretty :)

Davi said...

This is so darling. Love the prints you chose. Im sure that your niece will love it!!

MacKenzie said...

13 is a tough age, but I think she's gonna LOVE her birthday package! cute cute cute

Sue from Oregon said...

thanks for sharing your inspiration...i just played with my cricut/scal for the first time late last night and cut out this cutesy cover...I am so jazzed!