August 22, 2008

Family Time...Staycation

We took a few days off for a 'Staycation'. We didn't make plans to go away, but we ALL needed a little break from the norm. It was nice to have some time away from work to play with the girls.
Yesterday we started with the county fair...

Here we are waiting for a ride...this look was...'do you actually think I'm going to fit in there???'


















The answer was.....Barely.














I think there was more entertainment value in watching me try to get in and out of this thing than the ride itself!!
Then we were on to the animals...now my Shannon, she's kind of like me, not all that into the whole 'farm animal' thing...she thinks they're cool, until she can smell them *wink*
She wanted to see the pigs, and I have to say, I was awfully proud of her, she didn't make a big deal about the smell, not at all...she did wonder why they are numbered...


















The day was long, but we had a GREAT time!
Today, onto the water park!!! YAHOOOOOOO!
Alexandra had a little more freedom today, so she was a happy girl :) Here she is with Daddy, in one of the kiddie pools...




















Then Nick and Shannon were off for some 'big kid' fun...well, at almost 5, Shannon is fairly adventurous...they decided to go on this ride called 'the halfpipe'...I don't know that I'd even want to go on it, but hey - who am I to discourage her...here's a picture of them on the ride...














WOW. Of course, the ride wasn't without incident though...unfortunately Shannon slipped a little too far inside the tube, and she got a scrape on her back...like tore holes in her bathing suit scrape, but I have to say...she rebounded pretty well...here she is a few moments later, in my FAVORITE picture of the day...here she is with her favorite guy...

















And yes - now and then I get to play too...

What did YOU do for vacation, or staycation this summer???
Thanks for letting my share our 'Staycation' with you!

5 comments:

Renee V. said...

I love your 'staycation' pictures! The one of you looking over your glasses is priceless and the last one is so cute! What a fun day you guys had!
Thanks for sharing them!
hugs,
Renee

Betty: Reflections with Coffee said...

Love the pix of the family --- such fun times you had.
My staycation was the same as yours ... to Splash Country.

Dawn McVey (dawnsing) said...

Looks like you guys have had some great fun so far! I'm glad to hear (and see) it! Good for you!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Dawn

Lauren (mytime) said...

OMG! That half pipe is insane! You all looked like you had a blast!!!

Anonymous said...

You have got to have two of the cutest little girlies EVER! It looks like your staycation was a great time!