November 14, 2008

Thomas...

Remember the 70 invitations?? The Mom called me up and asked me to make labels for some pails...she has someone making candy tree centerpieces for the reception following the Christening, in these turquoise pails...the theme is trains, the whole Thomas the Tank Engine thing I guess...


So she gave me the pail, and it had this big ugly sticker label on it that was tough to take off, wo we decided whatever I did it had to be big to cover the unsightly labels so they wouldn't have to be removed, these could just be placed over them.

The hardest part was getting the 'shape' of the label. Of course, I didn't take pictures (why would I think to do that?!?!) but they turned out alright I think.

I took the pail, and laid it on the cardstock on my rubber mousepad, so there was a little give under it...and pressed and rolled at the same time, to catch the 'curve' as I rolled it. then cut it out, straightened the sides, and voila! I had my template for the other 15 labels...
Mom was thrilled, and I'm hoping she'll forward a photo of the centerpiece complete, but in the meantime, this is what I have.

Thanks for stopping by!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Trajan Monogram, PTI
Ink: SU! Tempting Turquoise Classic
Paper: SU! Real Red, Basic Gray, Tempting Turquoise, PTI Select White
Accessories: MS border punch - train cuttlebug dies

6 comments:

Debbie Olson said...

Is that EVER cute--great job, Tracey!

Anonymous said...

Tracey - these are soo cute! Great job! And thanks for the trick with creating a template - I tried to figure out to do that once and couldn't!

Barb said...

OMW - this is sooo cute!!! What a wonderful idea you came up with!!! I am always struggling with templates for tins, and I will be trying you suggestion. As a matter of fact, a tin is one of the projects that we're doing Sat. at a stamp camp. (I still haven't planned this project, so I will be trying it real soon!!!)

Unknown said...

Great idea for creating a template. I hope she sends you a pic of the completed centerpiece. How in the world do you have time for this?

Oh, very cute pails. Can't go wrong with boys and trains.

Renee V. said...

Sweet!
My "you know who" would love this!
I'll ahve to get that cuttlebug die for sure!
Great job!

Holly Young said...

this is so cute! And such a clever idea too!