November 22, 2008

Wintertime Fun :)

Hello all~

It's been frigid these last few days, here in NY. Brrrrrrrr..... We've even seen a few flakes, but nothing significant to even make a coating on the grass, which I am thankful for...though I *do* love the snow...I'd rather wait until after Thanksgiving if possible.

BUT -- seeing those snowflakes got me wanting to play with Billy & Lily's newest set from Pink Cat Studio.
So Billy & Lily love to go sledding at night...under a starry sky. I wanted to be a little different and use purple, as I'm trying to change my DD's mind about painting her room pink...maybe if I keep using purple, she'll change her mind...(ha ha I could only hope!) There's lots of detail on Billy & Lily...I used white applique on the 'fur' trim. Billy is wearing a suede jacket (it was of course waterproofed...he wouldn't be so foolish!) that was done with my brown velvet fabric pen. The sled is covered in crystal effects, a nice glossy look, but my photo doesn't really capture it.
The stars in the background are Martha Stewart Halloween double sided stickers that I got on clearance last year, perfect for glittering :) Oh, and of course Billy & Lily are popped off the front of the card using a piggy tale. The only downside to these is the shadows when I photograph, but they really add a lot of interest to the cards - and it's great that they flatten down!
Sentiment cut out with one of my new Nestabilities Labels 2 dies (this is the smallest die) and stamped in Dark Chocolate Palette ink from Papertrey.
What was/is your favorite Wintertime activity??? I like to play in the snow with my DD, usually a playful snowball fight....can't wait to hear what yours are.
Thanks for stopping by!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Lily & Billy Winter
Ink: Memento Black, PTI Dark Chocolate
Paper: PTI Plum Pudding, DCWV Glitter stack, PTI select white
Accessories: Copics, star shaped double sided stickers, MS glitter (silver and purple), piggy tail, nestabilities Labels 2, liquid applique, brown velvet fabric marker, crystal effects

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your card Tracy! What a great idea to have them sledding at night. I like the shadow, it really looks like they are popping off of the card. Great job!

Laura S said...

This card is adorable! Praying to the Heat Miser is my favorite winter activity. LOL. I do really enjoy watching the kids' joy over snow though.

Rebecca said...

Love this! Its just adorable and the purple is perfect!

Molly B said...

OH my cuteness! I just love the little dog in the front of the sled. Good luck with the pink room thing, ugh! Gotta go see what else I missed this past week. My hard drive kicked the bucket so I've been out of the loop. -Molly B.

Debbi said...

Oh my are they not the cutest?! Totally adorable and I LoVE the purple even if S doesn't. Great hob on the details of the card.

Holly said...

This is darling! Love the attention to details Tracey!