July 15, 2009

Friendship Through Music...

This is the common 'theme' of fife and drum I would say. Another HUGE part of musters is the jam session. Anyone from anywhere all come together and play common fife and drum tunes... hundreds of people...it's a pretty neat thing to see.

BUT -- jamming really doesn't have anything to do with my post today...but music does, and so does friendship!

Our Corps released a CD last month (c'mon, you know you want one...they're $15 -- e-mail or leave a comment here if you seriously are interested) and a few of my PSF's bought one. Sooooo, I needed to to make them a super special thank you card.

I ordered Wild West Anya in anticipation of making thank yous and even birthday cards for corps members, because she's PERFECT for it.

Here's my card.


















Now...that SUPER cool ribbon frame?? Got that from Claire Brennan. She's got some brilliant stuff over on her blog. If you don't know her, you should ;) She's also got her own stamp line now -- I got her two Celtic sets that SOLD OUT - which is awesome, hoping to make something with them really soon.

Anya was colored in (with my Copics) to look like a little Regulator, down to the Sheriff's badge and all. The star with the sentiment (from Papertrey's Everyday Classics set) was cut using my star Nesties. Added a little sparkle with some christmas red stickles, and we were good to go.

Thanks for all the support friends!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Wild West Anya (The Greeting Farm), Everyday Classics (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Memento Black
Paper: PTI True Black, Select White, SU! Basic Gray, brushed silver
Accessories: Star nestabilities, copics, pure poppy saddle stitched grosgrain, stardust pen

3 comments:

Barb said...

She is just adorable!!! I've been eyeing her up for awhile and I think maybe this pushed me over the edge to go buy her (and a few others while I'm there - LOL!!!).

I love the way you did this. That frame is so unique and she does look just like a fifer!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Great card!! Love the frame!!

Sarah Bennett said...

Super cute! I don't quite get how you did the ribbon, but I love it!!