October 25, 2012

PTI Blog Hop Time!

It's the 25th - so it's Papertrey's monthly blog hop today!

This month's challenge was to utilize a non-traditional color scheme for a holiday card.  I fell in love with this color combo when I saw it:
However - when I sat down to make something...I think this looks more like a Spring card, instead of Christmas, lol.  

I liked the idea of the colored snowflakes...and I liked the idea of the glittery flourish...but I can't help but think upon quick glance that those snowflakes are flowers...maybe it's the pearls??  I don't know...but anyway -- I'm loving all of the inspiration I've seen so far, can't wait to take some time tonight, and hop around some more.  Thanks for stopping by -- wishing you all a GREAT day!!

Supplies (all PTI unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Fancy Flourishes, Stylish Sentiments: Holiday
Ink: Versamark, Berry Sorbet
Paper: Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss, Harvest Gold, Select White
Accessories: Martha Stewart snowflake punch, Heat & Stick Powder (SU!), Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU!), Pearls and rhinestones (Reflections by Michaels)

12 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous design with these colours.

Marybeth said...

Tracey, I love the glittery flourish with the beautiful snowflakes! I am loving the pearl in the center as well! Very pretty card!

Sue Lelli said...

Tracey, I LOVE the glittery flourish and how you used colored snowflakes with the pearls! FAB card!

jen said...

Ack! The snowflakes on the glittery flourish are DIVINE!!!! Beautiful creation!

Jacquie Southas said...

I definitely see snowflakes with this card - love the pearl centers & the glittery flourishes.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this. ;-) I love the soft, pretty snowflakes over that beautiful Flourish, with the little touches of bling. Nice job with these colors. ;-)

jennfontaine said...

This card is sooooo very pretty! I love the different coloured snowflakes and the swirls behind them! The rounded corners were the perfect touch! Beautiful!

Pam W. said...

Great take on the challenge! I personally love the colorful snowflakes and the glittery flourish....OH MY! I love your card!!!!

victoria h said...

Love the flourish behind your snowflakes it adds the impression of movement and the pearl centres are pretty too.

Vikki Jo said...

Love this card... very cool colors!
Wanna let you know that I am giving you the Liebster Blog Award

Anonymous said...

This is lovely!! I read them as snowflakes, not flowers...yay! You could put inside...Wishing you a colorful holiday season. xo Evie

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx