September 5, 2009

AAAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDD, I'm back.

Hi friends --

I know it's been a while. But I can't begin to tell you what a wonderful time I've had with my family these last few weeks. My older daughter is getting ready to start Kindergarten next week -- I think we're BOTH a little nervous, LOL. I know she'll do great though.

So, it being Saturday and all, it's time for a 'My Time to Create Challenge'!!

The first Saturday of the month is a sketch challenge -- and here's this week's:
















I had been really wanting to get the 'Hero Ian' set from The Greeting Farm. I kept trying to order it on their site, and it kept telling me it was out of stock. I finally asked the owner what was up, and she informed me that they've discontinued it. *Insert sad face here* BUT -- Marie is FANTASTIC and she pointed me in the direction of 'Roses on Paper' - 'Hero Ian - IN STOCK' SUPER fast shipping, great customer service!

This card is for my friend Barb's son, Seth, who just left for boot camp last week. The card is large, it is 8.5x5.5, so I had lots of room to work with.



















I started out cutting random pieces of Chocolate Chip, and Close to Cocoa CS to make my 'camouflage' background. Then I created a little American Flag out of CS (though I realized I messed up on the stripes -- there should be a white stripe under the blue field of stars, not red...please forgive me.

Just a little thank you to Seth for doing what he's doing. Not necessarily an easy decision to make in today's day and age. I thank my lucky stars for brave young men and women like Seth.

I'd like to thank all of our Military, and their families...



















I'm going to start providing colors for what Copics I use (I just have to not be so lazy about going to get the camera!) Thanks for bearing with me...

Now -- on to the important details --

I hope you get to play along -- don't forget, Lauren picks 5 entries to be in the 'My Time to Shine" category -- it can't be you if you don't play!! Be sure to use the keyword mytimess35 when uploading, and/or put your gallery/blog link on the Mr. Linky on Lauren's blog. Here's links to the rest of the team -- go check out what they've been up to!!


Alicia Weiman
Dana Gustafson
Jen Tapler
Kendra Wisenbaker
Kristin Bueter
Lauren Meader
Lisa Kind
Mackenzie Bruckler
Maria Levine
Odette
Pam Imholz
Tamara Harder

It's BEE YOOOO TI FULLL here, so I'm sure we'll be off doing something outside today-- how about you?? What are your plans for the long holiday weekend???

Thanks for stopping by today!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Ian - The Greeting Farm, Trajan Alphabet - PTI
Ink: Memento Black, Memento Rich Cocoa, Brilliance Chocolate
Paper: Kraft, True Thyme, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, whisper white, Night of Navy, Real Red, Basic Black
Accessories: Copics, Star jewels, 1" Circle punch,


9 comments:

Molly B said...

Very cool! I can't believe you made the background. Awesome! Enjoy the long weekend.

Barb said...

OK, you made we cry with this one. Thank you.

MacKenzie said...

So clever - love it!

Kristin Eberline said...

OMG...Tracey! You MADE that camouflage AND the flag?! Let me tell you girl...I've been in the military for over 16 years and I didn't even notice the mix up on the flag. You are too funny for pointing it out though...I would have done the same thing :)

I LOVE what you did with this little guy...your coloring is impeccable and I love how you added two stars on the side. Very cute. I'm sure your friend will really appreciate the card...more so, the thought behind it.

You just inspired me to use my set. The Greeting Farm sent it to me for free just because I was in the military, and it hasn't seen ink yet! :( *Insert pang of guilt here* I will ink it up this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration, girlie.

AKiteFlier said...

Wow Tracey this is great. What a super job you did with the camo and flag. I was drawn to the Hero Ian stamp since my son's best friend, IAN, has recently joined the Marines and will be deployed to Afghanistan in a couple of months. Nice work remembering our soldiers. Happy Labor day WE.

Lisa Kind said...

This is so wonderful, Tracey! You really put a lot of love into this into this card and it shows! Seth is a lucky young man! Great job with the sketch!

Lana Clarke said...

Wow what a super card Tracey and i love the cameo paper.
Hugs
Lana x

Alicia said...

What a great way to honor our troops.

Andrea M said...

What a great card with a wonderful, important purpose. I, too, am amazed you made the background! Amazing :) I'm sure he'll love the card and the support behind it.