September 20, 2009

He's 13?!?!?!?!

Alright -- so now, he's actually 13 and a half ;).

I can hardly believe that my oldest nephew turned 13 this year.  It seems like not too long ago he was born, and my only nephew...somewhere along the way, I've gained 20 other nieces and nephews! LOL. 

Since he's at that stage where I just never know if something is 'cool' I thought really hard about his card...and hoped I did ok.  I started out with Surfer Ian -- such a fun image -- had a great time coloring him in.  Then -- hmmmmm...what to do for a layout???


I have this great paper from SEI, Black Orchid.  This was a pattern that was black embossed on white paper, and used my Copics in colors that I used to color in Ian, and went to town.  I like how it came out - and when I asked if it was too girly, I got an emphatic 'no' from the birthday boy, as well as my DH...I figured the pattern tied into the Hawaiian shorts, but wanted to make sure it wasn't just me, LOL.

Anyway -- score for me, he seemed to like the card -- which I always worry about...and I had to laugh because my nephew is actually sporting a similar hairdo to that of Ian...too much.

Hoping everyone is having a great weekend - it's been GORGEOUS here - and we've gotten a lot done outside...though tons more to go.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Surfer Ian (The Greeting Farm), sentiment from SU!

Ink: Memento Black
Paper: Gina K pure luxure white, SEI Black Orchid PP, PTI True Black



1 comment:

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

What a great card for a boy! I love the tropical flower pattern....