September 22, 2009

Have you HEARD??? and...a tutorial :)


The word is out!  Little Betty in the blinkie is celebrating, since Melissa at Pink Cat Studio has decided to open a digital stamp store!  So now, there will be TWO places to get some great stuff from Pink Cat, she will continue to sell rubber at one store, and the other is for digital images.  She's come up with some adorable new images featuring Betty and Bobby for Halloween and Christmas too -- check out the new store HERE.

I was so psyched when Melissa contacted me to help her out with the launch -- she's got quite the team of talent out there helping her out with the big announcement.  I've got a few cards to share, plus a quick little tutorial on a (mostly) digital card.

This first one is Betty the witch, with some cute frogs jumping away from her cauldron...but it looks like what ever she is brewing has already affected the frogs -- they're all different colors!


The moon shape was made with my circle punches (I used a smaller one to make the crescent shape).  The spider and sentiment are from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


The second card I made has a Autumn feel (how appropriate for the first day of the season!) but is a more general 'thinking of you card'.  The sentiment is from SU!  This card measures 5x5, and was a TON of fun to color...finished off with some flower brads with pearl centers, and some delicious American Crafts Ribbon.



Now onto my last card to share today...Scary Siblings...I couldn't pass up this image, it makes me think of my girls :).  I decided to go hybrid on this one.  I used mostly digital elements, and colored in the main image, and mounted it on a base layer of CS.

When you get your images from Melissa - they are in .png format, and are transparent.  These are great quality images, good solid lines, and super easy to work with.  They print GREAT.

To start, I layered the .png on a white background, to make the image solid.  Then I used the 'Quick Selection Tool' in Photoshop Elements, and selected the 'background' of the image.  I then deleted it, making it as you see below:



Now I can get started on building my card.  I open up some fun Halloween papers by Libby Weifenbach, this kit is called Ghouls just Wanna have fun.  I started out with the black paper with the halloweennie words on it.  I cropped it to 4" x 5.25" on my screen - this way I already know that it will print the correct size.




I then opened up another paper, and this time, I resized the paper, and then cropped it.  The bats were too big when the paper was it's original size.  I then added some digital ribbons, and the 'Halloween' and 'Party' page elements, and put drop shadows on the layers to add a little depth...so here's what we look like at this point:



the last thing to do, is add the digital image...since I made it 'solid' it's no problem to just 'place' it on my card.




You could also print and cut it out, but I thought this was SUPER easy, and looks great on the finished product.  Now that my 'layers' are complete - I printed it out, and then colored in my scary siblings with my copics.  I popped it onto my base layer, and it's done :).




Be sure to check out out these blogs to see some fabulous cards and projects using the new digi stamps:

Have a GREAT day!!

 

11 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Such incredible samples, Tracey! I love that speckled background you created around Betty's Yummy Frogs and I had no idea that the Scary Siblings card was entirely digital. Great work! :D

Lauretta See said...

wow you did a great job :) and thans for that tut!

hugs,

Vicki G said...

Tracey, your cards rock! I totally love what you did with the Digi card too!!! Thanks for sharing!

Vicki

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Tracey, hey Congrats...you made the "Card of the Week.....Top tutorials!!!" Fabulous job!!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Suzanne J Dean said...

Fabulous projects--totally boo-tiful! I adore how you made the all-digi card--maybe one day I'll have time to learn to do that, hee hee!

hugz,
Suzanne

Becky Carafa said...

Amazing! The colored frogs made me laugh, and your hybrid card is so cool!

Jodi said...

Adorable cards! I love the speckled background you created!! So cute!
Great tutorial too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Melissa said...

Hi Tracey!
Thank you so much for helping to promote my new store! Fabulous job on your cards girl and what a great tutorial!!
Big hugs,
Melissa

America said...

awesome digi stuff, FAB card great colors. TFS

Maria said...

Oooh, your cards turned out beautiful! Your cards are so colorful and so fun! Beautiful job on your coloring too! You did fabulous highlighting the PCS digi stamps!

Maria

BethH said...

These are too cute! What lovely coloring....very fun and your post above...amazing! You digi rock. Me? A digidork! LOL!