February 8, 2009

Always be mine... CPS102

So I'm on a roll with the challenges...I saw the CPS sketch posted last night - so I went ahead and made a card last night - since I didn't know if I'd get a chance to stamp today.










Here's the sketch:

















Did you see the fun images that were used on the CPS team's samples??? A peek of what's to come, according to Nichole :) yay!

I figured I'd go ahead and my my honey's Valentine...so I broke out my Heart Prints set, and got to work.

I went back and used Nichole's color combo from the other day since I loved it so much...

Here's my take:
I tried not to make it overly girly...how did I do??? I brought the star in for a little more 'manliness' instead of two hearts.

The 'lace edge' below the white layer is a Marth Stewart Border punch...again not too girly.

I've been having a TON of fun keeping up with the challenges each day -- something about them has really gotten my creativity flowing!

Hope you have a great Sunday!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Heart Prints (PTI)
Ink: Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Ripe Avocado, Ocean Tides, Brilliance Graphite Black
Paper: Summer Sunrise, Ripe Avocado, Ocean Tides, Select White
Accessories: MS Border punch, dimensionals, star nesties

14 comments:

Unknown said...

your card is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I like the way you used different colors on the XO and the hearts below. I also really like your blog banner!

Made by Mandy said...

Love that border punch, looks like I MUST have it....

Angela said...

Great card, love you colors and everything...

Kathryn said...

WOW -- It's a PERFECT "guy" card -- great colors and design! ;)

Sarah Bennett said...

You are on a roll, alright! And it's definitely not too "girly"!
You are doing so great with these challenges, Tracey!

Anonymous said...

I think you did fabulously well! I like the "manliness" you've achieved and I bought that same MS punch for that very reason -- it can go either way, I think!!!

Lauree said...

very cute card. i love the color scheme. well done!

Lea L. said...

Such a fabulous card!! I love the XOXO and heart borders with the different color inks! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

~Lea

~amy~ said...

love it! so very clean & crisp!!

Heather said...

AWESOME card!!! There is a blog award for you on my blog!

Linda Beeson said...

I so love every single part of this cutie! That little border of the xoxo's is great looking and love what you did with the CPS sketch.

Anonymous said...

How sweet is this?? I love the fun colors!

Leigh OBrien said...

Hi Tracey...I love your beautiful PTI card...you've really captured the PTI style - simple, yet striking with clean lines. I don't think I have the "no mo" gene in me that makes you stop adding more to my cards when need be. I love all things Papertrey but have a hard time trying to create in their "style".

OMG...and you're blog style is to-die-for. How in the world did you get something like this on blogspot?