February 14, 2009

Dawn's Color Challenge and a treat for a friend...

Hi all ~ It's been a few days. I couldn't miss out on the last (I'm guessing) of the challenges for the PTI release. I have another post of the Valentine's I made, but I'll save that for tomorrow.

I picked one of the cards from THIS POST on Dawn's blog.

I can honestly say - I've 'known' Dawn for a while now...from the time when she very first met Nichole Heady, to today, when she is releasing her VERY OWN line of stamps for PTI... As a friend, I am SO proud of her!! We've never met face to face, but have known each other for YEARS on the computer - through SCS. What a sweetheart.

I remember a time not all that long ago, where she was looking into how to get published, and the like, and ZOOM! Her paper-crafting career TOOK OFF! After so many publications - to get asked to design for PTI - a total dream come true.

I've had so much fun along the journey with Dawn - and am so excited for the next chapter in her story to unfold. I wish her the best of luck - not that I think she needs it. Don't forget us little people when you're big and famous, k???

Love you girlie!


Oh - right - my card.
This will be sent to a friend (she knows who she is...IF she's looking) because I came across this yummy stuff in the background when I found a box of TS stuff that I had set off to the side for some reason. I'm a TS consultant - and had this left over....well, a friend of mine LOVES the stuff and the product was discontinued...and I didn't think I had any - and lo and behold - FOUND SOME!!!

I went with Dawn's clear embossing roll, using Spiral Boquet. I thought this was a super fresh color combo. I gave this a little oomph with some bling on the flowers, and some accents with my stardust pen.

Thanks for stopping by - and if you haven't already - stop by and congratulate Dawn, k?? :)

10 comments:

Laura said...

I couldn't share a brain with a nicer, gal! I really like this card! So crisp and cheery!

Anonymous said...

Oh it's soooo pretty! I love that perfect little bow with those scallops. I definitely need that punch! Beautifully done. I can tell this was a super popular color combo with the blog hopping I've been doing today. It's sooooo fetching!

Rebecca said...

I love this! So pretty and Sarah will be soooo stinkin' excited about the TS!

Bethany Paull said...

Very pretty! I love the satin ribbon with that pretty scallop punch.

Kacey Elliott said...

Tracey this is really pretty! So dainty and gorgeous! I love the ribbon and scallop, and of course the colors :-)

Heather said...

Gorgeous card and awesome treat for your friend! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Molly B said...

Very pretty. I love the bow on the scalloped border. Have a nice day. -Molly B

Cheryl said...

So pretty. I love the scalloped border.

Anonymous said...

Tracey, this is SO pretty......seriously, you did a fabulous job. And thank you so much for all the sweet things you said....you know I appreciate them so much. Love ya, Dearie!

Sarah Bennett said...

OMW- talk about a GREAT surprise!! I have been checking your blog regularly, but got derailed for several days. So now I get back here and see THIS awesome post! OMG Tracey- it's like you struck gold and told me you are sending it all my way! I just told DS and he's psyched! (He's the biggest TS Italian seasoning fan!) You have totally made my day! It may sound silly, but we have seriously (yes- seriously!!) missed this stuff! I have about a teaspoon or so of the cherished spices in the jar and have been "saving" it, lol! I can not understand why they discontinued it- it seems crazy to me to think it possibly wasn't a huge seller. I SO hope they bring it back. But, in the mean time I now can use my last teaspoon of it knowing I will have yet another full, beautiful jar of our beloved spice! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for your awesome generosity!!!

Oh- and your card- another beautiful creation! I especially love the way you wrapped the lovely satin ribbon around the scalloped border. And the card looks so pretty next to the seasoning ;-)! They totally compliment each other!! Wow- I am so impressed- and totally delighted! :-) Again, you sweet friend- you have absolutely made my day! :-)