February 15, 2009

How was your Valentine's Day??

Happy Sunday all~

How was your Valentine's day?? Single, dating or married, what did you do? We don't really make a big deal about Valentine's day, but do exchange cards, and get a little sweet and a treat for our girls. I posted the Valentine I made for my hubby last week. I'm going to post today the ones I made for the girls, as well as a card I made for my Dad to give to my Mom. He's homebound, and really only gets out when she takes him out - so I wanted to make sure Mom had a Valentine, as she's a super special lady.

My day didn't start out all that happy - hubby wasn't feeling well, and was SUPER grouchy...in turn, it made me super grouchy...not your typical lovey-dovey happy day for sure. I had to go to the grocery store for a few staples, and something to make for dinner. When I got back, I was greeted with a smiling husband, and an excited 5 year old, who couldn't WAIT to give me the Valentine she made me, and to tell me about her adventure with Daddy in Stampland. "DADDY made you a card Mommy." For YEARS I've been asking my hubby to make me a card, and he looked at me as if my head was screwed on backwards. This year I said it, and he said "maybe I will!" I didn't believe him. And he knew I didn't believe him..he even wrote inside "see, I told you I'd make you a card!" Well, needless to say, all the grouchies were gone - and the day took a MAJOR turn for the better. Here's his creation. I thought he didn't do half bad for his first time out of the gate...
cute, right? He told me how he thought the 'O' in the set looked a little funny, so he decided to use the zero...then after he did, he said "I should have used the 'O'" :) I loved it, as he made it for me. I never thought that would happen.

Then onto the girls...We got them each a little tin with some hershey's kisses in them, and the Madagascar 2 movie (though the 1 year old won't care much about either - it's the thought, right???)


I used PTI's Heart Prints for these. I try to keep them the same, so (especially as they get older) I don't hear arguments about who got what. They get special 'different' cards for their birthday. Loving the simplicity here...
The Raspberry Fizz one is for my 5 year old, and the Plum Pudding for the 1 year old. They liked them...well...they liked the chocolate anyway...

And last for today, but certainly not LEAST...a Valentine for my Mom. She's SUPER. Always helping us out - being my Dad's care taker - anyone who knows me, knows the lengthy list of Dad's health issues, and he can't go out on his own. So it's A LOT on my Mom to always be the one to take him to a fro, Doctor appointments and the like. He broke his wrist Christmas night - compounding things even further! Poor guy - poor Mom.

ANYWAY - since Dad can't get out to shop, I wanted to make sure Mom had a Valentine...so I got this FABULOUSLY adorable image from 'The Greeting Farm'. It's Anya and Ian, the 50's couple. PERFECT for my parents. I just loved coloring this in. I look forward to adding more Anya's to my collection someday in the future!!

Thanks for stopping by today - I hope I didn't bore you with my blah-bi-di-blah-bi-di-dah today. Hope you had a GREAT Valentine's Day, and that the love lasts all year long!! Have a super Sunday!

9 comments:

BethH said...

Tracey, these are sooo cute and I loved hearing about your day...how sweet. I think I'd have a coronary arrest if my dh ever picked up an ink pad and a stamp! I LOVE you dh's card....and of coarse, your's are prefect! Glad you all had a great day,sweetie!

Anonymous said...

This is AWESOME!! (wink!) SO glad you showed us DH's card - I really like his creativity. Mine has never held a stamp, to my knowledge. Hope you have a better day once everyone gets healthy again!

Anonymous said...

They are all perfect!! Go Nick!!!

Anonymous said...

The Anonymous was from me I couldn't get the google part to work.. ;-)

Sue

Laura said...

Nick is quite the stamper! I love the card you made him too. So sweet and the girls' cards are just perfect.

Sarah Bennett said...

What a sweet guy Nick is! I can not ever imagine my DH stamping a card for me. And he did a great job, too! Definitely a card to be cherished! Thanks for sharing it with us.

The cards you did for your girls are beautiful. Very classy and individual while being similar at the same time. Great job.

And the card you so thoughtfully made for your Dad to give your Mom is darling! I love the striking red ribbon around the black border. Really nice!

sharonw05 said...

Wow--Nick did an AWESOME job on your valentine! And I love the ones you made for the girls and your mom. I'm so glad your Valentine's Day ended up being so special.

Sharon

Lauren (mytime) said...

OH! have you seen teh NEWER Anya stuff. Im in love! These are all awesome. Great job on your coloring. your like a PRO!

Michele Kovack said...

All of your cards are gorgeous! And you are rockin' on your bows! Mine don't look quite that good!