February 9, 2009

True Friends...

Hi there!!

Posting a little late - but wanted to do this. I had a busy day, working, then fife rehearsal tonight --we are doing a recording in a few weeks, and are dusting off some old, but kickin' pieces. I did send myself downstairs to make a quick, but cute card for the latest challenge at PTI.

She said to make a card for your best friend. I have a few -- but this one is for my friend Sue. We've known each other since 1st grade (or was it second?? I'm pretty sure it was first) and though there were a few years where we kind of let things fall to the wayside - I'm glad that we're good friends once again.

She's the one who introduced me to stamping...I don't know if I should love her, or hate her, since my bank account has never been the same since ;). Sue is always helpful and has a great heart. When we were teens she'd come over to sleep over, and she'd help me clean my room...things haven't changed much - she was over yesterday, and helped me clear the mess off my kitchen table - and get the toys all picked up in the family room.

So this one's for Sue - thanks for being a true friend always!

As for you all reading this - friend or blog hopper - thanks for stopping by and being a part of my day!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Fresh Alphabet, Simple Alphabet
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Dark Chocolate
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Select White
Accessories: Raspberry Fizz satin ribbon, doodlebug jewels (bon bon and cupcake)
, swiss dots CB Folder, Scor-pal

8 comments:

Staci said...

Nice card! Great story about your friend. You know, most of my longest friends do NOT like to stamp or do anything crafty at all. Almost all of my latest friends are crafters!

Unknown said...

Love this layout!

Stefanie said...

Beautiful card Tracey! Sue is going to love it! I love the rhinestones on each side of the sentiment. It frames it so nicely!

Heather said...

This is wonderful! I love it! It is so clean and sophisticated! LOVE it!

Sue said...

Thanks, I am all teary eyed now. It's beautiful!!! I hope it was okay for me to see this. It was second grade, I didn't move here until then.. I got you all hooked stamping and now I don't even do it.. Well you do amazing work!!!
Love,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracey,
Stopping by (finally) because you left such a sweet comment on my blog last Saturday. My company was here until Thursday & I'm now all better. I'm sure your hugs helped!!!
Your card is fabulous & makes me think of Nichole's clean and classy creations @ PTI. Yours is so beautiful & elegant & I'm sure your friend, Sue, was thrilled!!!

Nicci said...

I love the simplicity and crispness of this card so so much!

BethH said...

Oooo, I love this too! All your cards are fantastic!