February 27, 2009

Butterfly Kisses and an old Mytime Sketch...

Hi everyone! HAPPY WEEKEND!!! Though I only actually worked 3 days this week, it feels like the week was a LOT longer. Monday was great- hubby and I cleaned the basement, got rid of a TON of junk...it felt great to be rid of all that stuff. Tues-Thursday I was at work...normal days, thank goodness, nothing too crazy - then today, my oldest had a swollen gland, and I needed to take her to the Dr. to be sure it wasn't strep...for some reason, it doesn't present itself in the usual way with her - either that or she has a really high pain tolerance, because she never complains...well - no strep, not on the rapid test anyway - so we wait and see for the other one. She certainly SEEMS fine though *wink*. Sorry - onto the card...

I needed to make a card for a friend's birthday coming up, and really had no plan...no idea, no spark of creativity...so I decided I'd head over to Lauren's blog, and flip through her Saturday sketches for some inspiration.

I came across this one, from January 9th:

















I had Butterfly Kisses from PTI still sitting on my stamp table from my Blog Hop project the other night, so I figured I'd use that set again. Here's what I came up with:
The bottom rectangle was embossed with my long scalloped rectangle nesties. Then with the die still in place, I masked off the area around it with post-its, and sponged in the middle.

The Lemon Tart and Summer Sunrise layers are on dimensionals for some depth. The butterfly was stamped on vellum CS, and heat and stick used with Dazzling Diamonds glitter...sooooo sparkly.

We actually have a pretty quiet weekend ahead. I'm happy about that. What are YOUR plans this weekend? Thanks for stopping by!!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Butterfly Kisses (PTI)
Ink: Summer Sunrise, Versamark
Paper: Select White, Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, vellum CS
Accessories: Long scalloped rectangle nestabilities, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (SU!), dimensionals, sticky strip (glitter strip on Summer Sunrise Layer)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

this is beautiful!!
I have lot's of stamping to do. I am lucky enough to have my cards in a boutique and I need to fill up my rack!!

Laura said...

Great job, Tracey! I love what you did with this sketch.

Heather said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the clean crisp look. Gorgeous card!

Jenn said...

I love what you are doing with the butterfly set! Mine hasn't seen ink yet! Beautiful card! Hope S feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! great use of your nesties and masking!

BethH said...

Beautiful! I love it...so pretty and I bet it does sparkle up a storm. Great card!!

peggysue said...

Oh, those colors just make my heart sing. Makes me believe that Spring is really going to arrive! :) So very, very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I love this cheery card. Great take on the sketch girl!! Lovin it
Lauren (mytime)