February 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Joe!

Hi everyone :)

Sorry I've been MIA - after the PTI challenges, my creativity was drained! I forced myself to stay downstairs last night until I came up with something for my nephew Joe (especially since his birthday party is TODAY! LOL).

It's been a few emotional days for me...not sure if it's just hormones, or what. It was a year ago yesterday when my Dad's leg was amputated. A WHOLE YEAR. It's amazing to see him now though - he really is doing well!! Those of you out there who think smoking can't do stuff like this...IT CAN...and IT DID. I used to smoke, so I know what it's like to hear all the 'you really should quit, blah, blah, blah'...but I can't help but say it now and then.

Now...TOMORROW...1 year ago, my nephew Joseph was born. My Dad was on a vent in ICU, and my brother and his wife were in the birthing center, celebrating their new little man...now THAT was a mix of emotions! So TODAY - we celebrate Joe. He's really a cutie pie, and is growing so fast...they all do really. He's started walking in the last 2 weeks...YAY!!! What a big boy.

My brother is a HUGE Yankees fan, so (at least for now) Joe is too ;). I had originally planned something COMPLETELY different, but couldn't make it work, so I played and played and played...and this is what I came up with. I haven't TOUCHED any of my Pink Cat Studio Stamps in a while, and I missed them! Dress up Billy was perfect for this. (BTW - be sure to stop by Melissa's blog - they've got peeks of the NEW Enchanted Lily Set!!) I thought it would be cool for Joe - there's LOTS of different textures on there - the velvet paper is soft, the letters are puffy and smooth, and the glittery star is rough...

Thanks for stopping by today - I'm off to celebrate with the little guy!!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Dress Up Billy (Pink Cat Studio), Wise Owl - stars (PTI)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Fresh Snow (PTI)
Paper: Pure Poppy, select white (PTI) Velvet paper (SEI), DCWV Glitter stack
Accessories: Copics, Star punch (SU!), orange puffy thickers (American Crafts), 'All Boy' tag (SEI)

6 comments:

BethH said...

Adorable card for Joe, my dear! Fun, fun..but a mix of emotions last year for sure! My word! Glad your dad is doing well..that's awesome..and a Happy B-day to cute little Joe!

Heather said...

This is absolutely adorable. All of the elements just work so perfectly together! Great job!

Molly B said...

That is really cute! Good job turning him into a little Yankee (boo-hiss).LOL! Red Sox fan here, sorry. I hope your Dad continues to do well and that Joe has a great Birthday. -Molly B

Anonymous said...

This card rocks! The thickers & yankee theme are PERFECT for it and I love all the texture! And I adore the "all boy" tab at the top. Such a sweet message about your dad doing better.

Laura said...

What a cute little Yankee card! I love all the textures and I bet he did too. Hope he hed a great birthday.

Anonymous said...

Great card Tracey!! I love the bright colours! Great blog post- love you chickie!